Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 5

Day 5: Dundas Square- GZA + The Cool Kids.

The Shows were okay. I was in the Beer Garden for most of GZA so I couldn't really feel the crowd out, but pretty much everyone there was going nuts. As for the cool kids, I was smack dab in the middle of the crowd and was surrounded my kids (seriously.. like highschoolers.. i felt really old) and some really annoying ones started chanting "Wu-Tang". I couldn't figure out if they were heckling, or if they genuinely thought they were watching Wu-Tang, but I was annoyed nonetheless. Then one of the speakers cut out mid way through their set, but I don't think they realized it cause they kept on rapping and wondering why half the crowd wasn't feeling them. The speaker came back on about 20sec before their last song ended. So I was disappointed, but besides that it was a beautiful day and the crowds showed up in huge numbers.

On my way to Dundas Square I was trying to find a Tim Hortons (there used to be one across the street from city hall, but it's disappeared) anyway, I ended up stumbling upon the MMVA's. There were SOOOOO many screaming girls freaking out over the Jonas Brothers it was nuts. So i got the fuck out of there and headed back to the square.

All in all it's been a great weak, but I'm glad it's over... it's been music overload (if that's possible) over the last 5 days. I'm exhausted.

Check out some really amazing pictures from some of the events we caught, and some we didn't via CityTV. (there are some great pics of Crystal Antlers, we'll be posting our interview with them once we find the correct firewire cord ;)

Peace

btw: Mikey Rocks is hot.


GZA @ Dundas Square: Some kids pumping their hands in the air

The Cool Kids @ Dundas Square "Mikey Rocks" (check our Youtube for their other performances. We'll be uploading those videos soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment