Thursday, June 18, 2009

Oh what a night!

Hey guys, I got home about 3 hours ago and have been frantically trying to upload the 150+ pictures and videos that we took during last nights events. We had a hell of a time and will be sharing the video and photos with you soon. Toronto was on fire last night, the energy in the city was palpable.

The Nylon Summer Music Tour gig was AMAZING!!! Jaguar Love moshed with the crowd (those photos are great), the Plasticines rocked out HARD in stilettos, the Living Things let us party with them on stage and Patrick Wolf stripped down to his pretty undies to give us a load of his "package"... (unfortunately we had already decked out of Mod and were headed to the Drake by the time that happened... but you can see those pictures on NYLON's Blog).
The Plasticines
Overall the crowd was dynamite, and everyone had a great time. We even got to chat to Nylon magazine's Faran (possibly the nicest and most cheerful person in the world), who was rockin' out to the Plasticines and generously allowed tiny Phoebe to stand in front of her so she could get a better view of the stage.

After the Nylon gig, we walked to the Drake on Queen St West (totally underestimated the amount of time it would take). By the time we got there the D'Ubervilles had already performed, but we did get to catch Lioness and Woodhands... WHO ARE AMAZING btw. YOU MUST CHECK THEM OUT ASAP. I was totally blown away by them.

Anyway, I thought I'd post some pics for you. I'm trying to get a flickr slideshow embedded in here before I dash out again and head back downtown for the Black Lips gig. We'll see how I do...
The Living Things and Phoebe (and some dude from Quebec)
We'll be posting the video diary tonight :)
P.S. Toronto rocks... All three of us (Nicole, Phoebe and myself) ran into people we knew... I ran into my friend Bryanna at the Nylon gig. We had been standing next to each other all night and didn't realize it because we were so caught up in the show. It wasn't until Bryanna got up on stage with Phoebe and the Living Things did I even notice she was there.
Tired but Excited,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment